- Published 30th Sep 20
- Categories Recipe
These cookies may be lower in sugar than the average cookie but they still taste great.
Serves: 40 cookies
- Margarine – 170g
- Light brown sugar – 100g
- Mashed banana (the riper the better) – 2 whole
- Beaten egg – 2 each
- Self raising flour – 230g
- Cinnamon – 2tsp
- Porridge oats – 110g
- Sultanas – 340g
- Mix the margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the mashed banana and mix well into the margarine and sugar.
- Add the beaten egg and mix well.
- Slowly add the rest of the dry ingredients to the mixture a little at a time.
- Using a dessert spoon, drop a spoonful of the mixture onto a suitable baking tray making sure there is enough room for the mix to spread and rise slightly.
- Bake at 180c for approximately 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Tip : this is a great recipe for using up over ripe bananas as the riper they get the sweeter they get!